Whenever there’s a problem, there’s going to someone that comes up with an idea to solve this issue. In our case with the China ban on plastic scrap, a Silicon Valley based technology company called Scrapo, who built a platform that connects suppliers & buyers of recyclable plastics.
It’s absolutely true that there’s an app for everything.
- Today there are over 10,000 buyers and sellers that are active users on the platform and this number is growing.
- 75% of these users are outside the United Sates.
- Scrapo does not take a fee for listings or sales
- How platform makes money is with their enhanced services which they help the user with the sales, logistics and payment processes.
- Listings on the marketplace cover loose or baled material, flakes and pellets.
- 65% of plastic listed on the platform has been post-industrial material and 35% post-consumer plastic.
If your tired of selling your scrap and perhaps thought about having a turn key plastic recycling systems then we can help guide you through this journey.
Hirate America has solutions to provide full turn key plastic recycling systems with a combination of full wash lines with shredders (Lindner Resource, specializing in waste management) and all-in-one shredder + extruder + pelletizer by Next Generation Recycling (NGR).
Credit to Plastics Recycling Update, see full original article here.
If you have a project that you would like to discuss, feel free to contact us below to schedule a free consultation.